Islington has 12 adventure playgrounds which are safe, welcoming, fun and free for children aged 6 and up. They give children the opportunity to safely socialise with others outside their household, burn off energy and boost their physical and emotional health.
Following the published guidance ‘Protective measures for managing playgrounds and outdoor gyms during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak’. Islington’s adventure playgrounds will stay open during lockdown in November and December with Covid secure measures in place to ensure the safety of children, families and staff.
There is no booking required but children will need to register.
The following measures are in place for everyone to play safely and to comply with the current Covid-19 restrictions:
- All activities are held outdoors
- There are limited numbers of children on each site at any one time to ensure social distancing and compliance with the government guidelines
- There are hand-washing stations on entrance and exit, and additional ones across the site/s
- All staff have up-to-date Safeguarding Children level 2 and Paediatric First Aid qualifications
- There is a daily register for each session, so we know exactly who is on site in each session
- Staff and children wear face coverings when appropriate
Please visit Awesome Adventure Play for more information and to book a place at one of the following playgrounds:
Barnard Park, Junction with Charlotte Terrace, Copenhagen Street, N1 0FB; Cape, Crouch Hill, N8 9EG; Cornwallis, Cornwallis Road, N19 4LP; King Henry’s Walk, King Henry's Walk, N1 4NX; Three Corners, Northampton Road, EC1R 0HU; Waterside, Dame Street, N1 7FR.
- Please visit Islington Play Association for more information about play opportunities at the following playgrounds::
Crumbles Castle, Pembroke Street, N1 0DP; Lumpy Hill, Market Road, N7 9PL; Timbuktu, Grenville Road, N19 4EJ; Toffee Park, Ironmonger Row, EC1V
You can find out more in Islington’s adventure playgrounds leaflet.
Discover more things to do in Islington at izzi.