Transfer a special treatment premises licence holder

If the owner or occupier of the premises changes but the premises will still be used for special treatments, then you need to apply for a transfer of the licence.

You will need to complete a premises transfer application form (see 'Useful documents below) and email it to us at The transfer fee is £130 and we can take payment over the phone. If you complete the application form electronically, we will share it the local police and fire brigade.  

Alternatively, you post the completed application form to us along with a cheque made payable to Islington Council to the Special treatments licensing team, 222 Upper Street, London N1 1XR. If you send the application form to us in the mail, you will have to send a copy to the local police and fire brigade. 

You will also need the written consent of the current special treatment premises licence holder. There's a section on the form for them to sign. 

Was this information helpful?
  1. Please select

  2. Data protection: We will handle your personal information in line with the Data Protection Act 1998 and in accordance with the council’s Fair Processing Notice.