Temporary and occasional use notices

Find out what notices are available and how to apply for them.

Temporary Use Notice (TUN)

A TUN allows the use of premises for gambling where there is no premises licence but where a gambling operator wishes to use the premises temporarily for providing facilities for gambling.

A TUN may only be granted to a person or company holding a relevant operating licence issued by the Gambling Commission.

Occasional Use Notice (OUN)

An OUN allows licensed betting operators to use a track for short periods of betting without the need for a full betting premises licence.

The event must be temporary or infrequent. OUNs can only be used on eight days or less in a calendar year.

Registrations for TUNs or OUNs

Registration of these notices are rare in Islington and interested persons are advised to contact the gambling licensing team for further information.

Was this information helpful?
  1. Please select

  2. Data protection: We will handle your personal information in line with the Data Protection Act 1998 and in accordance with the council’s Fair Processing Notice.