Performing animals registration

How to register your performing animals with us.

If you keep or train animals for public performance - for example, for use in a circus, television or film production, or a theatre performance, you need to register with us. 

You must register in the borough where the animal handler lives and not where the performance is taking place.


Please contact the Animal Welfare team to apply for a licence. Call 020 7527 3222 or email

After you apply

If your application is approved you will be registered within 10 working days.

The right to appeal

If your application is refused, please contact us in the first instance. You can appeal at the local magistrates’ court.

Was this information helpful?
  1. Please select

  2. Data protection: We will handle your personal information in line with the Data Protection Act 1998 and in accordance with the council’s Fair Processing Notice.