We can connect your business with schools to volunteer with young people to offer work placements, mentoring, careers advice and other forms of work inspiration to help them get the employability skills they need for the future.
What is involved?
There are lots of ways your business can get involved with local schools – from providing careers advice, mentoring, careers talks and employability skills through to fundraising and sponsorship.
Activities like these can give young people the practical skills and tools they need to make the transition from education into work and do a huge amount to raise the aspirations of Islington’s young people.
Why work with schools?
Building links with the local community is good for business and engaging with local schools is a great way to achieve this. Here are just some of the benefits to your business:
- Social responsibility can set you apart from your competitors and generate positive publicity.
- It brings genuine professional development opportunities for your employees – building their confidence, preparing for management roles and learning new skills.
- It’s a cost-effective way of keeping your staff engaged and energised.
- Staff who participate in school engagement programmes often report a real sense of personal and professional satisfaction.
- A great opportunity to add value to the curriculum and inspire young people to choose a career in your sector
Get in touch if you want to know more about how we can help your business get involved locally and help inspire the next generation.
iWork for Business
Strategy and Community Partnerships
Town Hall, Upper Street
T: 0207 527 3465