Local ward councillors have an annual budget of £14,000 per ward for small grants that deliver benefit to the residents of their ward (subject to the final agreement of the Voluntary and Community Sector Committee).
They can go towards a variety of locally run activities like:
- sports clubs
- local festivals
- youth activities
- estate community events
- environmental improvements
- education and training classes
- pensioner outings and day trips
Update: Temporary Revised Measures for LIF Funding due to Coronavirus (Covid-19 ) - To take effect from 19 May 2020 until further notice
The Council has updated the VCS webpages with guidance and support available for the voluntary sector during this time here. As a funder, Islington Council has signed a commitment to support organisations with any changes or developments relating to funding which may result from the Covid-19 crisis. For more information visit Covid-19 funders.org.uk
We have implemented temporary revised measures for LIF funding so that we can support the sector during the coronavirus pandemic. We recognise many organisations may now be responding to Covid-19 , with projects and activities changing, stopping or being postponed. As a funder we want to show flexibility and support to the organisations we fund.
2020-2021 Application Deadlines
During this time there will be an open programme for Local Intiatives Funding with no deadlines for applications in order to ensure that the process of awarding funding is not delayed. We will aim to communicate decisions to applicants within two months of receiving your application.
Please refer to the application form and guidance available below for information on how to apply.
Please note that priority for decisions will be given to those applications directly responding to the Covid-19 pandemic.
2019 – 2020 Applications
Please note that decisions for the final round were delayed until early May 2020 and we are in the process of contacting organisations with decisions.
Previously funded projects
We are contacting LIF projects which are currently funded and running, asking organisations to update us on changes to the use of funding, postponements or cancellations to projects. We appreciate that at the present time organisations may not be able to accurately predict how or when projects will run, however, we do require organisations to notify us of any changes.
How to apply
- Download the updated application form (this form is updated regularly so please ensure that you download the form each time you apply)
- Download the updated guidance notes (read these carefully as they explain the application form structure)
- Download the insurance policy guidance notes
- Download a map of the 16 wards in Islington (for information only)
We strongly advise you to try to contact your local ward councillor(s) and discuss your project before making an application. We would recommend you email all three councillors of the ward you wish to apply to, rather than just one.
- Find out who your local ward councillors are
- Find out which ward your project is based in or which ward the people to benefit from your project are from (local councillors will be looking to support applications that deliver benefit to the residents of their ward)
We will continue to update this website with guidance about LIF funding, or please contact email@example.com with any queries.
Please also use the above email address if you have difficulty contacting a councillor.