Our councillors main duties include:
- dealing with constituents enquiries and concerns, either at regular advice surgeries, or through direct contact, they can also help residents who are dissatisfied with a council service
- making decisions about council services
- listening to the needs of local people and key stakeholders to take their views into account when making decisions and considering policy proposals
- actively encouraging community participation and citizen involvement in decision-making
- representing the interests of their ward, including working with community groups to put forward proposals for improvements.
Councillors are required by law to declare any interests that might affect their decisions. You can find out what interests have been declared on our democracy pages.
Contact your councillor
To find out your councillor and how to contact them visit the Democracy webpages.
If you are not sure who your local councillor or what ward you live in is you can search by postcode on Your local area.