Free cycle training
Adult 1-2-1 cycle skills
- For people aged 16 and above who can already ride a bike
- Sessions are tailored to suit your skills and abilities
- It is a two hour session which can take place at any time. Anyone who lives, works or studies in Islington can book up to two free sessions
- We are also running 1-2-1 eBike cycle training in partnership with HumanForest. You can learn to ride or build confidence on an eBike
Adult group cycling
- For people aged 18 and above who want to learn how to ride a bike or build basic skills
- We offer two courses; beginners to support you to learn how to ride a bike and basic cycle skills which supports you to build your control skills in an off-road setting
Holiday Bikeability courses
- Free training for children aged 5-12 years in the school holidays
- Three levels of training from beginner (age 5 and up) to Level 1 (5-9 years, off-road skills) and Level 2 (9-12 years, on-road training)
- Courses are delivered at Tollington Place (N4) or Rosemary Gardens (N1)
Family cycle skills
- For families with at least one adult aged 18+ and at least one child aged 5-17
- Designed for children who can already ride a bike without stabilisers
- Instructors will teach you how to cycle with children using quiet roads and parks
Free bike maintenance classes
- Courses cover the basics of cycle maintenance
- You will learn how to: clean and fit your bike, remove a wheel and tyre to fix a puncture, adjust your brakes, and how to use basic tools
We also deliver Bikeability courses at schools across the borough, including Level 1-3 training.
For the majority of our courses, we can supply bicycles and safety equipment if requested when the session is booked.
Free bike marking and Dr Bike events
Bike marking events with bikeregister.com and Dr Bike are held across the borough. Dr Bike can check everything on your bike from wheels, brakes, gears and tyre pressure to lights, racks, pedals, saddles and more.