We pay generous allowances, will match your current rate and also pay a retainer between placements.
- has fast tracked transfer assessments for approved foster carers or adopters in keeping with 2013 regulations
- pays more than independent fostering agencies or will match your current rate
- has retainers of £136 paid between placements for a maximum of 12 weeks
- carers look after local young people, meaning local meetings and contact
- has 24/7 expert duty with support from social workers and managers, plus monthly supervision and support
- has excellent training, social worker support and support groups
- has excellent educational support for children
- is an outstanding children’s service
- will reimburse any housing benefit lost as a result of fostering
- works closely with CAHMS, child social workers, the health team and virtual school team
- means no 3rd party, you work directly with us
- has legal protection insurance, public liability cover
- offers Fostering Network membership
- has an active foster carer’s association with weekly coffee mornings
What is the next step?
Talk to the fostering team to see the difference becoming a foster carer with Islington could make. You can call us on 0800 073 0428 or send us an email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also drop in and talk to the recruitment team at our 3 Elwood Street, N5 1EB office, 10am – 4pm Monday-Friday.