Islington Council has seven leisure centres and nine courts and pitches across the borough which are managed by GLL.
- Archway Leisure Centre
- Cally Pool and Gym
- Finsbury Leisure Centre
- Highbury Leisure Centre
- Ironmonger Row Baths
- Islington Tennis Centre
- Sobell Leisure Centre
The leisure centres are fully accessible to disabled people.
Courts and pitches
- Highbury Fields Courts and Pitches
- Holloway School
- Market Road Football Pitches
- Paradise Park Pitch
- Rosemary Gardens Football Pitches
- Tufnell Park Playing Fields
- Whittington Park Football Pitch
- William Tyndale Football Pitch
- Wray Crescent Cricket Pitch
These and other courts and pitches can be booked through My Local Pitch.
Membership and free day pass
GLL offers a range of memberships. This includes a concessionary rate for residents who have a disability or receive benefits, under 16s, full-time students and senior citizens.
Claim a free day pass to try out the leisure centres.
Improvements at leisure centres
Islington Council with GLL is carrying out improvements to the leisure centres:
- In February a trampoline park opened at Sobell Leisure Centre. This has a designated under-5s area, a main court arena, a battle beam, a 9-metre slide, a wipe-out system, slam dunk, diving board, foam pit and dodgeball area. The centre also has a new reception area and coffee corner
- Islington Council plans to redevelop Finsbury Leisure Centre to provide a new leisure centre, council homes, healthcare, childcare and energy facilities.