Islington Council has seven leisure centres and nine courts and pitches across the borough which are managed by GLL (also called Better).
- Archway Leisure Centre
- Cally Pool and Gym
- Finsbury Leisure Centre
- Highbury Leisure Centre
- Ironmonger Row Baths
- Islington Tennis Centre
- Sobell Leisure Centre
The leisure centres are fully accessible to disabled people.
Courts and pitches
- Highbury Fields Courts and Pitches
- Holloway School
- Market Road Football Pitches
- Paradise Park Football Pitch
- Rosemary Gardens Football Pitch and Tennis Courts
- Tufnell Park Playing Fields
- Whittington Park Football Pitch
- William Tyndale School Football Pitch
- Wray Crescent Cricket Pitch
These and other courts and pitches can be booked through Playfinder.
Membership and free day pass
GLL offers a range of memberships. This includes a concessionary rate for residents who have a disability or receive benefits, under 16s, full-time students and senior citizens.
Claim a free day pass to try out the leisure centres.
Developments at leisure centres
- Islington Council plans to redevelop Finsbury Leisure Centre to provide a new leisure centre, council homes, healthcare, childcare and energy facilities.
After the fire at Highbury Leisure Centre in September 2018, the swimming pools as well as the health and fitness and changing room provision has been rebuilt and transformed. Discover more on the Better Gym Highbury Leisure Centre Redevelopment page.