Islington Council has seven leisure centres and nine courts and pitches across the borough which are managed by GLL.
News update. A trampoline park has opened in Sobell leisure centre. Highbury Leisure Centre has a new health suite, an extended fitness gym and dry changing rooms.
- Archway Leisure Centre
- Cally Pool and Gym
- Finsbury Leisure Centre
- Highbury Leisure Centre
- Ironmonger Row Baths
- Islington Tennis Centre
- Sobell Leisure Centre
The leisure centres are fully accessible to disabled people.
Courts and pitches
- Highbury Fields Courts and Pitches
- Holloway School
- Market Road Football Pitches
- Paradise Park Pitch
- Rosemary Gardens Football Pitches
- Tufnell Park Playing Fields
- Whittington Park Football Pitch
- William Tyndale Football Pitch
- Wray Crescent Cricket Pitch
These and other courts and pitches can be booked through My Local Pitch.
Membership and free day pass
GLL offers a range of memberships. This includes a concessionary rate for residents who have a disability or receive benefits, under 16s, full-time students and senior citizens.
Claim a free day pass to try out the leisure centres.
Improvements at leisure centres
Islington Council wit
h GLL is carrying out improvements to the leisure centres:
- Islington Tennis Centre has a new group exercise studio, health suite, changing rooms and reception area, and a larger gym
- Sobell Leisure Centre has a new reception area and coffee corner. A trampoline park has opened in the centre
- Highbury Leisure Centre has a new first floor with two studios and a new reception. There is a new health suite, an extended fitness gym and dry changing rooms
- Islington Council plans to redevelop Finsbury Leisure Centre to provide a new leisure centre, council homes, healthcare, childcare and energy facilities.