Islington Council has seven leisure centres and nine courts and pitches across the borough which are managed by GLL (also called Better). All these are currently closed.
- Archway Leisure Centre
- Cally Pool and Gym
- Finsbury Leisure Centre
- Highbury Leisure Centre
- Ironmonger Row Baths
- Islington Tennis Centre
- Sobell Leisure Centre
The leisure centres are fully accessible to disabled people.
Courts and pitches
- Highbury Fields Courts and Pitches
- Holloway School
- Market Road Football Pitches
- Paradise Park Football Pitch
- Rosemary Gardens Football Pitch and Tennis Courts
- Tufnell Park Playing Fields
- Whittington Park Football Pitch
- William Tyndale School Football Pitch
- Wray Crescent Cricket Pitch
These and other courts and pitches can be booked through Playfinder.
Membership and free day pass
GLL offers a range of memberships. This includes a concessionary rate for residents who have a disability or receive benefits, under 16s, full-time students and senior citizens.
Claim a free day pass to try out the leisure centres.
Developments at leisure centres
- Islington Council plans to redevelop Finsbury Leisure Centre to provide a new leisure centre, council homes, healthcare, childcare and energy facilities.
- Due to a fire the swimming pools at Highbury Leisure Centre are closed. Work is taking place to reopen them by 2021. The rest of the centre is open.