Get the latest updates on the Caledonian Park Clock Tower Project.
- Grade II listed Clock Tower with original working clock mechanism and offering a panoramic view of north London and the City from the viewing platform.
- Grade II listed Metropolitan Cattle Market railings
- semi-mature woodland areas
- community orchard
- short and long grass meadows
- community gardens
- site of Importance for Nature Conservation, Borough Grade 1.
Find out more about our Clock Tower Tours.
- children’s play area (age 3 – 12 years)
- large grass open space suitable for ball games and other sports activities
- tarmac ball court with football goals, basketball hoops and shelter.
You cannot pre-book the sports facilities at this site as they are free-play only.
Buses: 274 to Market Road; 390 to York Way; 17, 91, 259, 274 to Caledonian Road
Tube: Caledonian Road (Piccadilly Line)
Overground: Caledonian Road and Barnsbury
Car: metered parking is available on North Road and Market Road
Assistant Parks Manager, Public Realm Division
Telephone: 020 7527 2000
Text: 'Greenspace' + your message to 80800
The Heritage Lottery Fund confirmed a grant award of £1,873,300 in December 2016. The grant will fund our vision to revitalise Caledonian Park and secure the future of its clock tower.
What happens next?
Design work will begin in January 2017 and we expect that site works will start in late summer to early autumn for completion in Summer 2018.
The objectives are to:
- carry out essential repairs to the clock tower
- make access improvements so the tower can be opened to the public on a regular basis
- repair and restore the original market railings that survive along the park boundaries to Market Road and Shearling Way
- build a small heritage centre with space for community and education activities as well as a café and public toilets
- develop a programme of activities, training and volunteer opportunities to encourage greater use of the park and community involvement.
There are some great opportunities to volunteer at Caledonian Park in a range of capacities including gardening, clock tower stewarding, developing interpretation material and assisting with delivery of the formal and informal learning programme.
If you are able to spare two hours or more on an occasional or regular basis, please email email@example.com.