The centrepiece of the park is a 155ft (47.5m) high grade II* listed Clock Tower built in 1853. The Heritage Lottery Fund confirmed a grant award of £1,873,300 in December 2016 which has funded our vision to revitalise Caledonian Park and has secured the future of its clock tower.
- Grade II listed Clock Tower with original working clock mechanism and offering a panoramic view of across London from the viewing platform.
- Grade II listed Metropolitan Cattle Market railings
- Public toilets
- Heritage centre hosting regular events.To find out more visit our website
- semi-mature woodland areas
- community orchard
- short and long grass meadows
- community gardens
- site of Importance for Nature Conservation, Borough Grade 1.
- Outdoor classroom
- Community amphitheatre under construction
- Free Clock Tower Tours
- children’s play area (age 3 – 12 years)
- large grass open space suitable for ball games and other sports activities
- tarmac ball court with football goals, basketball hoops and shelter.
You cannot pre-book the sports facilities at this site as they are free-play only.
Buses: 274 to Market Road; 390 to York Way; 17, 91, 259, 274 to Caledonian Road
Tube: Caledonian Road (Piccadilly Line)
Overground: Caledonian Road and Barnsbury
Opening and closing times
Assistant Parks Manager, Public Realm Division
Telephone: 020 7527 2000
Text: 'Greenspace' + your message to 80800
There are some great opportunities to volunteer at Caledonian Park in a range of capacities including gardening and clock tower stewarding. To find out about our current volunteering vacancies, visit our volunteer recruitment website.