In Islington we have hundreds of events each year, from private parties, team building days, community and charity events, children’s parties, sporting competitions, sponsored walks and runs, music festivals, corporate events, fun fairs, wedding celebrations, and open air performances.
What you should do if you would like to hold an event in one of Islington’s parks:
1. Contact the events team To check if the site is available to hire contact us here. There are fees associated with park hire for most events but these vary. Click here for our current fees table. Contact us if you are unsure of our pricing structure.
2. Register on EventApp Once it is established that the park is available and suitable for your event, you’ll need to register on EventApp. Registration is quick and easy and your details will be retained for any future applications.
3. Complete your online application To enable us to process your application you need to submit it along with your Public Liability Insurance, an Event Plan*, Site Plan* and Risk Assessment*. We’ll need these documents:
• 45 days before the event date for licensable events (events including for e.g. music, performance or sale of alcohol)
• 90 days before the event date for events attracting 1000+ people or those that require public consultation
*There are templates for these documents available to download on EventApp along with other important information about the process and what else you may need to provide. You may also be required to submit further information and apply for other separate licenses or permits, check what else you may need to provide.
Then what happens:
1. When you submit your application you will get an email confirming we have received it. This does not mean you have booked the space.
2. We aim to get back to all applicants within a week although at times of high demand this can take longer.
3. Your application will go through a period of consultation of at least two weeks before a decision is made. If your event is likely to have a significant impact on the site or surrounding area, you may be required to meet with the Safety Advisory Group (SAG), before permission is granted and the consultation period may be extended.
Health and safety at events in Islington is vital, please refer to our event conditions for more information on how to ensure your event is safe. We also want events in Islington to be accessible to as wide a range of people as possible, to help with this please refer to our guide.
The London Events Toolkit is an invaluable guide for event organisers. It contains essential information about planning, licensing and legislation, marketing etc.
Start your EventApp application here.
School sports days
If you are applying to have a regular market or wish to have a concession in a park (e.g. an ice cream van), or you would like to manage one of the park cafes, please click here.
To contact us please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or text: 'Greenspace' + your message to 80800Related information`
Pay for a park event
You will need your EventApp reference number