The Heritage Lottery Fund confirmed a grant award of £1,873,300 in December 2016. The grant will fund Islington Council's vision to revitalise Caledonian Park and secure the future of its clock tower.
Project updates (PDF files)
What happens next?
Design work is now complete and we expect that site works will start in October (2017).
The overall aims of the Caledonian Clock Tower project are:
- essential repairs to the clock tower
- make access improvements to the so it can be opened to the public on a regular basis
- repair and restoration works to the original market railings that survive along the park boundaries to Market Road and Shearling Way
- build a small heritage centre with space for community and education as well as a café and public toilets
- develop a programme of community activities, training and volunteer opportunities to encourage use of the park.
There are some great opportunities to volunteer at Caledonian Park in a range of capacities including gardening, clock tower stewarding, developing interpretation material and assisting with delivery of the formal and informal learning programme.
If you are able to spare two hours or more on an occasional or regular basis, please email email@example.com