Drug and alcohol services
Islington Better Lives
Better Lives is an integrated adult substance misuse service delivered by Camden and Islington NHS Foundation Trust in partnership with WDP and Blenheim.
We offer a free and confidential support service for individuals and their families affected by drug and alcohol problems.
Our specialist team include substance misuse practitioners,, doctors, nurses, social workers, psychologists and pharmacists, as well as complementary therapists, volunteers and peer mentors. Together we offer a high quality and professional service that supports individuals and their families who wish to receive advice, assessment and treatment for their drug and/or alcohol problems. We also offer advice and training to local community organisations.
How to access our services
Our service is free and open to all Islington residents aged 18 or over, as well as their families and carers.
You can refer yourself by attending our open access drop – in sessions, or contacting us by phone or email. You will be able to talk to one of our team who will help you decide which service best meets your needs. Our team will then work with you to create a care plan which will be reviewed regularly.
Alternatively, any professional, such as a housing support worker, social worker or nurse, can make the referral on your behalf.
What we offer
- One-to-one key working
- Group work and day programme
- BBV testing and treatment
- Treatment in GP’s surgeries
- Assessment and access to residential detoxification and rehabilitation
- Debt and housing advice
- Specialist women’s groups and support
- Psychological therapy, counselling and group work
- Self-help and mutual aid groups
- Aftercare services including skills coaching
- A health and wellbeing service for people who use substances at lower levels, including alcohol, club drugs, cannabis and cocaine
- Reintegration and Aftercare - education, training and employment (ETE) support
- Family and carers’ support and advice
For more information, contact us:
99-101 Seven Sisters Road
London N7 7QP
309 Gray’s Inn Road
London, WC1X 8QS
Tel: 020 3317 6650
Referral email: email@example.com
Alcohol self assessment
Take our free, quick and confidential online test to find out how much you are drinking: https://dontbottleitup.org.uk/