Islington Carers Hub
Islington Carers Hub provide advice, information and support to all carers aged 18 or over who live or work in Islington or care for someone living in Islington. They do this either directly or through their work with other organisations.
They provide a whole ranges of services and support for carers including:
- Information, advice, signposting and support
- Signposting training courses for carers e.g. first aid, stress management
- Support groups e.g. older people, mental health and BME groups
- Help with welfare benefit applications and other forms
- Employment support
- Help with housing and the accessibility of your home
- Flexible breaks fund
- Carers network - including newsletter, e-bulletin, forum, events and activities
- Parking permits for carers
- Emergency Carers Card
- 'Jointly' - the smartphone app developed by Carers UK to help organise your caring role
Contact the Carers Hub
- Telephone: 0800 085 1141 or 020 7561 5517
- Email: email@example.com
- Web: www.islingtoncarershub.org
Advice is offered by phone, email and outreach sessions across Islington. They will also carry out home visits for anyone who needs them.
More support for carers
There are a number of national and local organisations providing advice, guidance and support for carers. You can use Links for Living to search for organisations.
If you are a carer, or you think you might be taking on a caring role in the near future, you may be entitled to a carers assessment.
Anyone that is over 18 and caring for someone who lives in Islington can request a carers assessment. The person you are caring for doesn't need to be receiving support from social services and you don't need their permission to request a carers assessment.