To support residents whose earnings are affected by staying at home and isolating for 14 days, the Government has set up the Test and Trace Support Payment Scheme. Eligible residents who have been contacted by NHS Test and Trace, been told to self-isolate, and received an eight-character account ID, may be entitled to a one-off payment of £500.
To be eligible for the scheme you must be an Islington resident and meet all four of the following criteria you:
- must have been told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace on, or after, 28 September 2020
- must be employed or self-employed – including if you are furloughed but working part time
- must be unable to work from home and will lose income as a result
- must be currently receiving at least one of the following benefits: Universal Credit, Working Tax Credit, income-based Employment and Support Allowance, income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance, Income Support, Housing Benefit and/or Pension Credit.
If you meet the first three criteria above but are not in receipt of any of the benefits listed, you may still be able to claim for a £500 discretionary payment. In order to qualify for this, you also need to meet one of the following criteria:
- have no recourse to public funds or
- be in receipt of a Personal Independence Payment or State Retirement Pension or
- be in the process of claiming for or appealing for Universal Credit, Working Tax Credit, income-based Employment and Support Allowance, income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance, Income Support, Housing Benefit and/or Pension Credit and able to provide the evidence.
If you do not meet one of these additional criteria but still believe you will suffer significant financial challenges during your self-isolation period, please complete the form as this will allow you to be referred to the Council’s Income Maximisation (iMax) team. They will be able to discuss your financial challenges and may be able to offer a discretionary payment. Further information is available through our Frequently Asked Questions.
How to apply
You can apply for a Test and Trace support payment or Discretionary payment using the form at the link below.
This form will take approximately 10 minutes to complete and must be filled out in one session.
You will need the following documents so please have them ready before starting the application:
- National Insurance Number
- Your eight-character NHS Test and Trace Account ID
- Your most recent bank statement, wage slip or proof of self-employment; for example, this could be your latest self-assessment tax return or evidence of your trading income (scanned of photocopy to upload)
- A valid email address, without this you will not be able to proceed.
If you need help in filling out the form, or if you are unable to provide the documents at the same time you submit your application, please contact We are Islington.
Please note that it will take up to seven working days to process your payment. We will confirm in writing to you when the payment has been sent to your bank.
Read more about how we will treat your data.