Social distancing icon

Financial support

You may be worried about the financial impact of the pandemic on you and your family, and you may be entitled to financial support.

Resident Support Scheme 

Our Resident Support Scheme is available for Islington residents who are facing extreme hardship. Grants can be given to help if you are on a low income and struggling financially; in need of essential household items; or if there is a cut to Housing Benefit and you are finding it hard to meet your rent payments. 

If you need to apply please email the RSS team with your contact information and details about your situation.

Test and Trace Support Payments

If you have been instructed by NHS Test and Trace that you must self-isolate – or if a child who you have to stay home and care for has been instructed to self-isolate – you may be eligible for a one-off payment of £500, if you: 

  • are in employment, are self-employed or are on a low income and in receipt of certain benefits
  • will lose income because you cannot work from home.

Find out more and make an application on our Test and Trace Support Payments page. 

  Test and Trace Support Payments 

Other financial support available

You can get more support and advice in the Benefits and support, Jobs and careers, and advice sections of our website.

The Government website has information on what other financial support is available, including hardship arrangements for those unable to pay for managed quarantine or testing.


Was this information helpful?
  1. Please select

  2. Data protection: We will handle your personal information in line with the Data Protection Act 1998 and in accordance with the council’s Fair Processing Notice.