Local Test and Trace service
In the first instance the national NHS Test and Trace team will contact you if you have tested positive for coronavirus (Covid-19) to give advice and obtain details of anyone you’ve been in contact with.
If the NHS Test and Trace team have been unable to contact you within 24 hours, your case will be passed to the Islington Council Test and Trace team who will contact you. You'll be asked where you've been recently and who you've been in close contact with. This will help the NHS contact anyone who may have caught the virus from you.
This service will be active from:
- 9am to 7pm, Monday to Sunday
How we will contact you
- You'll be contacted by phone in the first instance
- Calls will come from a local number - if you have concerns over whether the caller is genuine, please call us back on our We Are Islington Helpline – 0207 527 8222 (Option 1)
- Children under 18 will be contacted by phone wherever possible and asked for their parent or guardian's permission to continue the call
- If we fail to contact you via phone a member of the Test and Trace team will deliver a leaflet to your home
What will I be asked?
- Your name, date of birth and postcode
- If you live with other people
- Any places you've been recently, such as a workplace or school
- Names and contact details of any people you were in close contact with in the 48 hours before your symptoms started (if you know these details)
Islington Council Test and Trace service will not ask:
- for bank details or payments
- for details of any other accounts, such as social media
- you to set up a password or PIN number over the phone
- you to call a premium rate number
See the latest information and guidance on potential Covid-19 scams.
How your information will be used
All information you provide to Islington Council Test and Trace service is confidential. Anyone you've been in close contact with during your infectious period will be told to stay at home (self-isolate) for 10 days by the NHS.
No one who is contacted as one of your close contacts in the infectious period will be told your identity.
How to request support
If you are self-isolating in Islington and need help to receive food shopping or medication, or need financial support as your earnings are affected by staying at home and self-isolating, please contact We Are Islington on 020 7527 8222 (Option 2).
Disputing/conflicting Covid-19 test results
If you have taken a Covid test and are disputing or have conflicting test results, please contact NHS 119. You must self-isolate while this is looked into.