What test to get and when
Get rapid, lateral flow tests (LFT) regularly, especially before mixing with others. These help detect coronavirus and can help prevent you from passing the virus on to others.
Get a PCR test and self-isolate if you test positive with an LFT or if you have symptoms of Covid-19, even if they’re mild, or you’ve been in close contact with someone who’s tested positive. You also now need to get a PCR test if you have been abroad and are coming into the UK. For the latest information, visit the Gov.UK website, including extra guidance on international travel and the international red list.
NHS Test and Trace will advise you if you need to self-isolate.
How to get tested
You can order lateral flow tests from Gov.UK or by calling 119 to collect from a pharmacy or to get delivered to your home. Or, you can visit our testing site at the Arsenal Community Hub (56 Benwell Road, N7 7BA). The tests come in boxes of seven.
You can get PCR home tests or book an appointment at a walk-in or drive-through site via the Gov.UK website or by calling 119. There is a walk-in PCR testing site at the Sobell Centre.
Collection sites for LFTs:
- 222 Upper Street, Monday-Friday, 10am-2pm
- Andover Community Centre, Friday 2-5pm
- Brickworks Community Centre, Monday to Friday, 11am-3.30pm
- Hilldrop Community Centre on Mondays 9.30am-12noon.
- St Luke's Community Centre, Wednesday, 1-4pm and Friday 12noon-3pm
- Mildmay Community Centre, Friday, 11.30am-1.30pm
- Ringcross Food Bank, Monday and Friday 12noon-4pm
- St Mary's Church, Ashley Road, Fridays 6.30-8.30pm
If you have to self-isolate and cannot work as a result of this, you may be eligible for support. Please go to our Financial support page for more information.