Collecting for reuse
You can donate unwanted but reusable household and electrical goods.
Free collection services from your home
1. Bright Sparks - a local social enterprise company.
• furniture and household goods are collected from your home
• the goods will be re-used by your local community organisation or sold to local people at affordable prices.
To find out more and arrange a free home pick up visit the Bright Sparks website. Collections can only be booked online.
2. Freegle (Free Giving Locally Easily). Freegle provides a free online only service and mobile app. You can give away and seek unwanted goods in your local area. Items must be in good condition. There are 430+ Freegle groups around the UK run by volunteers. Find your local Freegle group and:
• post a message offering an item
• other people see it and reply to you
• choose who to give it to and they collect.
You can also search or browse the items offered or post a request for a particular item.
3. TipTapp - a free to download app created by private company for instant reuse or recycling of unwanted items. Items must be in good condition.
• create an advert by snapping a picture of what you would like removed.
• someone who can reuse it will pick it up at no cost.
Chargeable reuse collections
Please note that the chargeable bulky waste reuse service has been temporarily suspended.