The permit has to be used in conjunction with vouchers. Vouchers for hire cars can be used to cover a full day, unlike visitor vouchers which can only be used for up to six hours.
You can apply using the resident permit form.
The permit costs £14.25 annually and you can purchase an unlimited number of vouchers.
- Book of 20 x 30 minutes - £8.80
- Book of 10 x 3 hours - £25.50
Alternatively you could purchase a one month resident permit.
Proof of address (one of the following)
- Council tax bill for the current tax year
- Current gas, water, electricity or landline telephone bill (from the last 3 months)
- Driving licence (use this for address and age)
- Tenancy agreement
- Department for Work and Pensions letter (dated within the last 6 months)
- Hire/Lease agreement
- Residents in permit free developments are not able to use this scheme.
- You cannot purchase a hire car permit if you already have a resident permit for any vehicle you own.
- You will need to display your paper permit along with your hire car vouchers, on the windscreen inside your vehicle, where they can be easily seen by our civil enforcement officers.