'Crossing The Threshold' is a pilot 12 month initiative (starts June 2017 - ends May 2018) engaging residents in a range of high quality arts activities.
An innovative partnership between Islington’s Arts and Housing Services and emerging and established local arts providers will transform and enhance the spectrum of creative opportunities for residents who find it difficult to access mainstream arts provision. 'Crossing The Threshold' will engage residents in active participation developing wellbeing through the arts, targeting the elderly, young people, families and vulnerable communities.
The Arts Service provides funding, specialist expertise and brokers relationships with arts organisations, whilst Housing Community Development provides funding and detailed knowledge of where need exists for residents on Council estates and the best channels of communication for reaching them.
- 'In The Community', the Little Angel puppet show, will engage 600 audience members, targeting isolated and elderly people and families with 42 performances twice daily in small community settings, including residents’ own homes, care homes and day centres. Email or call 020 7226 1787.
- Gain Ctrl will deliver 36 weekly music composition and performance workshops to 40 young people (aged 14-25) on the Andover, Mayville and Bemerton estates. Email or WhatsApp: 079 4840 1102.
- MoveMe Dance will engage 45 participants (aged 12-80) in 9 dance workshops on the Andover and Six Acres estates leading to performances. Email or call 07968 116725.
- 'Islington Voices' lead by Katie Rose will engage 20 participants (aged 12-80) in 20 singing workshops, targeting residents from all Islington estates leading to one celebration performance at Islington Assembly Hall in March 2018. Email.
- ' Create It' will engage 30 children and young people (aged 7-16) at New River College PRUs in 10 arts workshops in Spring 2018.
- Almeida Theatre recent performance 'Against All The Odds', included 44 workshops over 8 weeks with 80 participants.