Islington is one of the easiest boroughs to travel to and around, making it easier for you to work for us.
There are a range of benefits available to staff including:
- Up to 30 days leave per year
- A range of flexible working arrangements
- Excellent pension scheme
- Learning and development opportunities to maximise your potential
- Annual season ticket loan
- Cycle to Work Scheme and discounted gym memberships
- Childcare vouchers
- Payroll giving
- Personal Computer Incentive Scheme
- Local discounts from restaurants, shops, health and beauty therapists, and more!
Staff support networks
Islington Council has an ongoing commitment to make Islington a fairer place to work and live. Staff forums exist to promote this and encourage networking between staff to ensure their voices are heard.
There are five forums:
- BME Staff Forum
- Carers Staff Forum
- Disabled Staff Forum
- LGBT Staff Forum
- Women’s Staff Forum
Employees can also join a recognised trade unions.
Listening to our staff
As a council we want to make sure that we communicate and engage with staff effectively. We carry out regular anonymous surveys and hold staff panels to find out how we're doing, and highlight where we can make improvements.
Our vision and ways of working
We pride ourselves on being a council with a social conscience and our vision is: “To make Islington fairer and create a place where everyone, whatever their background, has the same opportunity to reach their potential and enjoy a good quality of life.”
We ask all our employees to share this vision and to commit to our five ways of working:
- Work together as one
- Put ourselves in our residents shoes
- Make every penny count
- Keep things simple
- Show we care
If you want to make an enquiry email our HR operations team