Connecting Communities is a European Social Fund (ESF) funded programme that supports residents into training and work.
You can get support if you are an Islington resident who:
- Is aged 25 and over and unemployed
- Is aged 18 to 24 and Not In Employment, Education or Training (NEET)
- Has the right to work in the UK
- Is not currently undertaking an ESF programme
How does it work?
Employment caseworkers will work closely with you to understand your barriers into work and help you create an action plan. This will include:
- Identifying career goals
- Developing and improving skills
- Childcare, caring and housing support advice
- One-to-one job coaching, mentoring and training
Education and training support
- Fundamental skills courses (English, Maths, ICT), via our very own Adult Community Learning (ACL) service
- Close links with local colleges and training providers
Online digital support
- At times to suit individuals
- Access to self-help tools
- Live chat with an advisor, five days a week
- Advice on health and looking for a job
- Caseworkers will provide up to 52 weeks of in-work support
- Caseworkers will schedule a call with you every three months for 52 weeks, from the date you start your employment, to check how you are getting on in your role
If you have secured employment by signing up and using the Connecting Communities programme, there are additional assistance packages on offer such as:
- Clothes for work or work-specific clothes, such as uniforms or construction wear
- One month Oyster card to ease your transition in to work
- A voucher to help with groceries
Other assistive measures
- Speaking with your designated caseworker could potentially uncover some additional viable measures to help you in to work, which they would be happy to discuss
Contact the Connecting Communities team
Contact us today by calling 020 7527 2706.
Support finding work
Whether you are looking for your first job or a new job, we can support you.
Find local jobs
If you’re an Islington resident, register, search and apply for local jobs on our website.
Adult and community learning
Free adult and community learning courses in Islington
Why work for us
Find out about our values, our benefits, development opportunities, and more.