Repairs you can get are:
- Internal doors
- Internal glazing
- Kitchen unit draws and doors
- Replacing the washers on taps
- Toilet seats
- Up to 2 locks changes per year
Who is entitled?
These repairs may be carried out if the tenant is over 70 years old and in receipt of one of the following benefits:
- Disability Living Allowance (DLA) - higher rate of the mobility component or the medium or higher rate of the care component
- Personal Independence Payment (PIP) - enhanced rate of the mobility component or enhanced rate of the daily living component
- Attendance Allowance (higher or lower rate)
- War Disablement Pension
- Local authority registered care package
Assisted Decorations Scheme
Council tenants who are over 70 years-old and in receipt of the same benefits can also apply for the Assisted Decoration Scheme. This covers the decorating of up to two rooms of your choice (subject to certain conditions).
How you can get these repairs?
Please contact your Area Housing Office to register your eligibility for discretionary repairs and to apply or find out more about the Assisted Decorations Scheme.