Repairs you can get are:
- Internal doors
- Internal glazing
- Kitchen unit draws and doors
- Replacing the washers on taps
- Toilet seats
- Up to two locks changes per year
Who is entitled?
These repairs may be carried out if the tenant is over 70 years old and in receipt of one of the following benefits:
- Disability Living Allowance (DLA) - higher rate of the mobility component or the medium or higher rate of the care component
- Personal Independence Payment (PIP) - enhanced rate of the mobility component or enhanced rate of the daily living component
- Attendance Allowance (higher or lower rate)
- War Disablement Pension
- Local authority registered care package
How you can get these repairs?
If you are entitled to get these repairs, then you need to contact your Area Housing Office to register your eligibility for discretionary repairs.