Empty property grants provide capital funding for repairs to bring properties back into use.
The council can contribute 50% of the reasonable costs of some renovation works if the property becomes a part of one of Islington lettings schemes.
Grant funding for this is extremely limited and so it will operate on a first come first serve basis
You can apply for a grant if
- Your property has been empty for one year or more.
- You are the owner or leaseholder of the property and are responsible for all structural repairs
- Your property does not meet the decent homes standard.
- You intend to rent the property through the Council’s Leasing Schemes, to house people in housing need nominated by the Council or to key workers.
- You must retain ownership and let the property for a minimum of 5 years on an approved scheme or the grant will be repayable.
- You must have planning permission for your proposed works or an established use certificate.
Maximum funding amounts depends on the scheme you will let the property through.
For further information on this or to speak to an advisor about renting your property through us, please ring us now on 0207 527 3001