The grant is intended to help people get onto the property ladder in Islington by offering small grants to first time buyers who have taken on a property that doesn't currently meet basic housing standards.
To be eligible to apply-
- The property purchase value must not exceed £600,000 to qualify for a grant.
- The property must have been empty for one year or more. Proof must be provided. (Council tax confirmation or utility bills showing unused energy may be accepted as proof).
- The applicant can only apply if responsible for all structural repairs.
- The condition property does not meet the decent homes standard.
- The applicant must have any planning permission or an established use certificate for any proposed or existing conversion.
- The property must be the applicant’s primary home after renovation.
Funding that can be offered
Owners can apply for a grant of up to a maximum of £25,000. If successful the grant will be paid on satisfactory completion of the works.
Key workers and people who work in Islington earning a maximum of £30,000 (single income) or £60,000 (joint income) can apply for a grant of up to a maximum of £50,000.