London Borough of Islington’s proposals designed by Levitt Bernstein Architects for new build and landscape improvements on the Redbrick estate was granted full planning permission by the planning committee on 8 September 2015. Full plans and drawings can be viewed following the link below. The planning reference is P2015/0709/FUL
Programme: the works will be carried out in 2 phases. Phase 1 is programmed to commence in late 2016 completing in 2018, Phase 2 will follow on from Phase 1 in 2018 completing in 2019.
Our proposals for new homes and estate improvements on Redbrick estate are:
- Providing new high quality homes for local residents. Please see our local lettings policy for eligibility. 55 new homes, of which 39 will be social rent, are proposed to be built over three sites on the Redbrick Estate
- Making the estate more secure and deterring anti-social behaviour
- Substantial landscaping works to the perimeter boundary wall, new entrances and estate paving to make these areas more attractive
- Creation of a new central courtyard area to replace the derelict health centre building at the Bath Street end
- Consolidating the parking spaces and the garages
- A more visible community centre on Old Street to provide a flexible range of spaces allowing multi use during the day
The last newsletter (February 2015) details the proposals and the feedback received from residents since October 2014. A copy can be downloaded under Related Documents at the bottom of this page.
For more information
Please contact Teresa Santucci, Principal Housing Project Manager, telephone 0207 527 8114 or email Teresa.Santucci@islington.gov.uk
CGI image of Redbrick Square Block A
CGI image of the new Redbrick Square