Windsor Street Car Park and Garages
Islington Council's New Build Team has been consulting with residents in adjoining properties on proposals to demolish and rebuild on the proposed site of Windsor Street car park and garages.
The site consists of:
- 12 x garages, 4 of which are empty
- 15 x car spaces - which are largely rented by commercial enterprises on Essex Rd.
- It’s currently an area subject to crime and anti social behaviour.
The project proposes:
- a new three storey block of supported accommodation for people with learning disabilities.
Previous consultation events
Resident consultation events have been held on 22 June, 3 September and 18 November 2015. The new design has reflected some of the comments received from residents and resident consultation will be on-going through to completion of the development.
The new development will consist of a three storey block providing supporting accommodation for 14 people with learning disabilities.
The accommodation will provide:
- 12 x studio flats in pods of 4 on each floor with communal living rooms and kitchens.
- 1 additional 2 x bed self-contained flat on the third floor.
- Offices and sleep –over accommodation for staff.
- In addition a dedicated car parking space for coach transport will be provided on Windsor Street.
What happens next
At the recent meeting on 18 November 2015, a number of actions were agreed between residents, members and officers, which are detailed under the ‘Useful documents’ section below and will be updated regularly as the project progresses.
Construction works will commence when planning permission has been granted and a contractor has been appointed.
The procurement and construction programme is estimated to last 9 months with completion anticipated in December 2017.
Construction is forecast to commence between the Autumn and Winter of 2016.
For more information
Please contact Nick Gore, Housing Development Project Manager on telephone 020 7527 8040 or email firstname.lastname@example.org