Door icon

Housing for key workers

We have a council housing rental scheme to encourage council employees, police officers and newly qualified nurses to live and work in Islington long-term. We also advise NHS workers and injured ex-service personnel.

You may be eligible to rent a one bedroom council property if you work for Islington council, and are a:

  • Social worker
  • Metropolitan police officer
  • Occupational therapist.
  • Newly qualified teacher or nurse working in Islington

Apply in writing to your human resources department. Your tenancy will be non-secure, so if you stop working for the council, your tenancy will stop.

If you are a key worker, there are shared ownership schemes you could apply for, where you part own and part rent your property.

For more information

contact the Housing Options Team by email on, call us on 020 7527 4140 or visit us at the Islington Customer Service Centre at 222 Upper Street, London, N1 1XR.

Was this information helpful?

  1. Data protection: We will handle your personal information in line with the Data Protection Act 1998 and in accordance with the council’s Fair Processing Notice.