Community energy is defined collective action to reduce, purchase, manage and generate energy. The Community Energy Fund aims to help community groups develop and deliver energy projects which will benefit Islington residents. Islington Council aim to increase resident’s awareness on energy efficiency and to reduce their energy use. The Islington Community Energy Fund is open to all constituted groups with charitable aims across Islington who would like to carry out an energy related project.
Funds will be available through two streams:
- Stream 1 will allow organisations, which do not have an expertise in energy to conduct research and feasibility studies to develop a new project to the stage it is “shovel ready”. Funding available in this stream is £20,000. We will offer grants for £250 up to £2,500
- Stream 2a will allow more advanced organisations with a shovel ready or projects in an advanced stage of development to submit bids. Funding available for this scheme will £50,000 with
- £15,000 available for capital projects such as retrofit and renewable energy projects
- £10,000 available for all other projects including small measures and energy advice projects
- Stream 2b will be available to projects funded through Stream 1 and will be opened early 2018 and will be similar to Stream 2a
Please email to request an application pack.
All applications must be returned by 5pm on 31 January, 2018.
Complete applications with supportive documents should be send via email:
Write in subject: ICEF and name of your organisation.
Or by post: WRC, Energy Policy and Advice Team, 1 Cottage Road, London, N7 8TP.