This consultation has ended
|Start date||28 January 2019|
|End date||15 February 2019|
Islington council is consulting on safety improvements at Elizabeth Avenue and Shepperton Road junction with New North Road.
The proposals to improve safety are:
- provide a footway buildout on the eastern side of Elizabeth Avenue and re-profile the existing raised table to suit the new kerb alignment
- provide a footway buildout on the western side of Shepperton Road. This will provide a tighter turning angle to slow down the speed of vehicles when
- negotiating the left turn into Shepperton Road from New North Road
- remove the central island on Shepperton Road
- refresh road markings in the vicinity of this junction.
The buildout of the footway on both Elizabeth Avenue and Shepperton Road will provide more footway space for pedestrians and will shorten the crossing distance.
A plan of the proposal is available to download from 'Useful documents' at the bottom of this page.
We value your opinion so please take part in the online consultation before 15 February.
Contact: Joyce Cheng, 020 7527 3327