This consultation has ended
|Start date||18 September 2017|
|End date||30 October 2017|
Clerkenwell Green is one of London's oldest public spaces, dating back to the 12th Century, and is surrounded by some of Islington's most attractive and valuable historic buildings. It also has a rich social and political history.
The council has drawn up plans to improve the Green and we want to hear your views.
What do we want to achieve?
- To reveal and explain the space’s rich role in the social and political history of Islington and London.
- To create an improved public space that can be enjoyed by the local community, local workers and visitors.
- To create a less car-dominated environment that is safer and more convenient for pedestrians and cyclists.
- To improve the setting of the area’s historic buildings and other important local landmarks.
- To create a suitable setting for the planned statue of Sylvia Pankhurst.
- To improve the environment for local businesses.
- To make the space feel ‘greener’ and less concrete-dominated.
Clerkenwell Green is dominated by traffic using the Green as a short cut or for parking. This limits its enjoyment as a public space and use as a preferred walking route.
We want to transform Clerkenwell Green into a high-quality public space. To do this we plan to provide more space for people to meet and gather by reducing road space and removing parking, which will also make the area more pleasant to walk though.
What we want to discuss with you
The information leaflet, which you can download this from the link at the bottom of the page, includes a plan that shows the proposal for the area.
Find out more:
Attend our drop-in sessions at:
St James’ Church, Clerkenwell Close, EC1R 0EA
- 5-8pm, Tuesday 3 October 2017
- 11am-2pm, Saturday 7 October 2017
- 3-6pm, Tuesday 10 October 2017
You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What happens next?
The deadline for comments was 5pm on Monday 30 October 2017.
The consultation results and information on the next steps of the project will be published on this webpage.