This consultation has ended
|Start date||11 November 2019|
|End date||02 December 2019|
Islington Council is proposing to make changes in the Nag’s Head area to reduce traffic on local residential streets, especially along Mayton Street where high volumes of through traffic pass along this relatively narrow residential road.
Our investigations show high amounts of vehicles, including Heavy Goods Vehicles and motorcycles, travelling through the Nags Head area as a through route to access Hertslet Road.
As a solution, we are proposing a trial to restrict traffic from driving down Mayton Street and Roden Street to Hertslet Road by camera enforcement. Traffic will be monitored over the 18 month trial period to analyse the changes before making the changes permanent.
The proposal includes:
1. Camera enforced no-entry system to restrict traffic movement from Mayton Street to Hertslet Road
2. Removal of two parking spaces on Mayton Street close to the junction of Hertslet Road to allow vehicles to turn back
3. Changing 10m of the single yellow line to double yellow line restrictions on Mayton Street close to the junction of Hertslet Road to allow vehicles to turn back
4. Camera enforced no-entry system to restrict traffic movement from Roden Street to Hertslet Road
5. Removal of four parking spaces on Roden Street close to the junction of Hertslet Road to allow vehicles to turn back
A plan of the proposed works is available to download at the bottom of this page.
We would like to hear your views of our proposals.
Contact name – Amy Yang
T: : 020 7527 4759