We work with consumers and business to enforce and promote quality trading standards in Islington.
Our work with business includes:
- advising local businesses on how to comply with Consumer Protection laws
- investigating businesses that breach Consumer Protection laws
- prosecuting traders who commit offences
- inspecting trade premises
If you want business advice see these options:
- use the free online advice service at Business Companion
- use our informal paid-advice service (see bottom of page)
- use our formal paid-advice service by applying to join a Primary Authority relationship.
Other sources of business advice
- Centa is not for profit agency who will offer some free, impartial advice to Islington and Camden residents looking to start up in business. They are based at King’s Cross
- Great Business is a government sponsored site to assist businesses on a range of topics from regulations to finance and employment
Citizens Advice consumer service
The Citizens Advice consumer service provides practical advice for consumers in Islington.
Trading Standards Service
Public Protection Division
222 Upper Street
London N1 1XR