Islington Council has an in-house front line operational fleet service. This service is reinforced by a small Vehicle Fleet Support Services agreement. The Vehicle Fleet Support Services agreement is in addition being proposed to be brought in-house.
The Council hereby invites suitable expressions of interest from suppliers for Vehicle Fleet Support Services, until such a point as the service is back in-house. The Council is looking for one competent and established provider only for the borough to provide Vehicle Fleet Support Services for an interim period.
Current status / Background
The Council must deliver a transport fleet of vehicles including transport workshops and stores, which is managed and controlled according to statutory, regulatory and policy guidelines.
The Vehicles Fleet Support Service advises and supports the day-to-day operations including:
• licencing requirements
• commissioning and fleet specification development
• contract management and end of life disposal
• fleet policy advice
• maintenance and repairs
• inspections, servicing and testing
• budgets and value for money
• adequate and safe staffing levels during operational hours
• safety, security and proper use of tooling, plant and equipment
• accident and insurance advice
• fleet management health and safety
The Council currently pays for the services on ad-hoc basis when required. The services are expected to cease (or dramatically reduce) once the service has been brought in-house.
The Vehicle Fleet Support Services organisation needs to have three years or more established track record, with considerable experience in a complex corporate and municipal fleet setting.
The successful contractor shall be proficient in the matters outlined within the Current Status/Background above. In addition, the successful supplier shall be focused towards performance management and accustomed to transposing and embedding legislation, plans, strategy and policy into customer-focused practice.
Expertise of local authority fleet and fleet/air environmental along with fuel management including issuing and consumption from both a commissioning and operations perspective is an essential requirement.
The contractor shall ensure all personnel provided in delivery of this service have no unspent convictions, have the right to work in the UK and have required licenses in place for the delivery of the service.
This contract will not be split into lots, given it is relatively low value, required to be coordinated support service and is likely to be brought back in-house in due course.
TUPE [Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations]
Potential providers must be aware that TUPE may or may not apply to this service. Further details will be available in the invitation to tender.
The contract period will be for 6 months from an estimated start date of 11 Sept 2017 with option to extend up to 6 months at a time, up to a maximum of 36 months (3 years).
The estimated total value of this contract is £80,000 over the 6 months term of the initial contract. This is based on £160,000 per annum. Day rates are expected to be in the region of £500 per day. Day rates in excess of £600.00 per day will be excluded.
The contract will be awarded to the Most Economically Advantageous Tender (MEAT) in accordance with the Public Contracts Regulations. MEAT for this contract is quality 50% and cost 50%. Tender submissions will be subject to minimum quality thresholds 3 or above. Further details will be provided in the invitation to tender.
Cost 50% Quality 50%
Quality made up of:
Proposed approach to service provision to include but not limit to;
- legal compliance in line with statutory and regulatory guidelines including licensing, accident and insurance
- health and safety ensuring adequate staffing levels, tooling, plant and equipment, repairs, inspection servicing testing
- contract management including budgeting and end of life disposal
- customer care and development of operational and strategic vision for the service
Bidders will be required to attend a meeting in order to respond to the above requirements as part of their proposals. Further details are in the invitation to tender document.
This contract will be procured using the Open Procedure. The Open Procedure means that all bidders who successfully express an interest will automatically be invited to tender and have access to the tender documents. Those who submit a tender and meet the minimum requirements will have their full tender, method statements and pricing evaluated.
How to express an interest
If you wish to apply for this contract, please follow the steps below:
- Register your company free of charge on the London Tenders Portal.
- Await acceptance. You will receive an email confirming your username and password.
- Use these details to log into the Portal and express your interest in 1718-0059 Vehicle Fleet Support Services, Category - 50111110.
Shortly after you have expressed interest, you will receive a second email containing a link to access the tender documents.
The deadline for expressions of interest is: 11:59am on 15 August 2017
Submission of tender documents by: 12Noon, 15 August 2017
Late submissions will not be accepted.
Tender documents to be submitted via London Tenders portal
- Islington Council and its partners are committed to work towards a ‘Fairer Islington’, for more information see www.islington.gov.uk.
- Please do not include any publicity material with your submissions.
- Islington Council aims to provide equality of opportunity and welcomes applicants who meet the qualitative selection criteria from black and minority ethnic communities and disabled groups.
- The Council encourages all types of organisation who meet the qualitative selection criteria including Voluntary and Community Sector (VCS) organisations, Social Enterprises or not for profit enterprises and small to medium enterprises (SME) to tender.
- Your submission will be marked in stages. Only applicants who meet the requirements at each stage will progress to the next stage. Further details will be contained in the tender documents.
- Please include the Contract Number of this tender process when communicating with the Council in any way.
- All questions relating to this contract should be raised via the question and answer section of the relevant contract on the London Tenders Portal. Please do not contact any officer of the council directly.
- Applicants are advised that all costs incurred either directly or indirectly in preparation, submission or otherwise related to this advertisement will be borne by them, and in no circumstances will the council be responsible for any such costs. Applicants are also advised that the council at its sole discretion acting reasonably and in good faith reserves the right to abandon the procurement at any stage prior to contract award.
- As part of a commitment to transparency the council is now publishing all spend over £500 each month. This includes spend on contracts, so the successful contractor should expect details of spend against the contract to appear on the council website Islington Council: Council contracts. The council is also committed to publishing tender and contract documentation after contract award stage. Commercially sensitive information will be redacted from documentation. What constitutes commercially sensitive information is a matter for the council’s sole discretion. However, tenderers will be invited to identify information they consider to be commercially sensitive in their tender return and this will be taken into account in the council forming a view.