What is clinical waste?
Clinical waste is officially divided into five categories:
- Category A which are soiled surgical dressings, swabs and other similar soiled waste
- Category B which are discarded syringe needles, broken glass and any other contaminated disposable sharp instruments or items
- Category C which are microbiological cultures and potentially infected waste from pathology Departments or other clinical/research laboratories. Please note, we do not collect Category C clinical waste
- Category D which are drugs or other pharmaceutical products
- Category E which includes items used to dispose of urine, faeces and other bodily secretions or excretions.
To find out more information about the Clinical waste service for businesses, please call 020 7527 2000.