The Settlement Checking Service is for those applying for indefinite leave to remain using SET (M) application form.
The service ensures that:
- applications for settlement are correctly completed in line with UK Visas and Immigration guidelines
- all application supporting documentation is checked, copied and certified
- completed applications are forwarded to The Home Office by secure courier.
Having your application checked by one of our experienced team can help reduce delays caused by submitting incorrect documents to the Home Office. It also means you get to keep all your original documents such as your passport.
We are unable to:
- fast track your application through the Home Office.
- act as agents for the applicantion
- offer any advice on nationality, or any other advice on other matters such as visas, immigration or asylum
- guarantee that your application will be successful. The Home Office will consider your application and make a decision.
How the service works
1 Download the application forms from gov.uk
2 Complete the application form using the guidance.
3 Prepare all supporting documents required to accompany the application.
4 Book an appointment with Islington Register Office for a Settlement Checking Service. The applicant must attend, however their partner is not required to do so.
You must apply at the time advised in the SET(M) guidance notes guidance notes.
5 Attend the appointment with all application and information requirements. The Settlement Checking Service is on the ground floor of Islington Town Hall, Upper Street, London, N1 2UD
6 Your application will be sent by secure courier to UKVI by Islington and City of London Register Office
How much does it cost?
The fee for the checking service is:
- per adult application: £95 (Saturdays £105)
- per child application: £30 (Saturdays £35)
Full payment needs to be made at the time the appointment is booked.
For full terms and conditions of booking please see our terms and conditions page.