Islington’s Voluntary and Community Sector lies at the heart of our ambition for a fairer Islington and we remain committed to providing grant funding to the sector.
Islington's Voluntary and Community Sector Partnership Grants Programme 2016-2020 funding round opened on 22 January 2016 and closed on Friday 4 March 2016.
The programme includes five strands:
- Delivery Partners: For organisations working directly with residents to deliver activities and services that improve outcomes and help make Islington a place where everyone, whatever their background, can enjoy a good quality of life.
- Strategic Advice Partners: For organisations that can provide high-quality generalist and specialist advice and support services, from outreach activities through to specialist litigation.
- Strategic Borough-wide Partners: For organisations that deliver high quality leadership and support for the sector, maximise the VCS' influence and increase its capacity to be efficient, resilient sustainable and responsive to the changing needs of our communities. For organisations that deliver high quality leadership and support for the sector, maximise the VCS' influence and increase its capacity to be efficient, resilient sustainable and responsive to the changing needs of our communities.
- Strategic Neighbourhood Partners: For organisations that provide leadership roles at a neighbourhood-level and work in partnership with voluntary and community organisation to develop and coordinate a high-quality offer of services and activities for residents.
- Strategic Volunteering Partners: For organisations that can provide a borough-wide volunteering brokerage service; promoting a culture of volunteering and supporting voluntary and community organisations to develop systems for recruiting and managing volunteers effectively.