This fund supports activities and improvements in our neighbourhoods.
Local ward councillors have an annual budget of £14,000 per ward for small grants (subject to the final agreement of the Voluntary and Community Sector Committee).
They can go towards a variety of locally run activities like:
- sports clubs
- local festivals
- youth activities
- estate community events
- environmental improvements
- education and training classes
- pensioner outings and day trips
How to apply
- Download the application form
- Download the guidance notes (read these carefully as they explain the new application form structure)
We strongly advise you to contact your local ward councillor(s) and discuss your project before making an application.
If you have received a LIF award from us previously, please make sure you have sent in all the required monitoring information before making your application. We won't be able to accept your application until we receive all this information.
2017 application deadlines
Tuesday 22 August
Tuesday 10 October
Monday 11 December
Wednesday 31 January 2018
If your organisation submits an application form after any of these dates, it will be considered in the next round of applications.
Please note that if you wish to apply for Holloway ward funding, there are two application deadlines per year - Tuesday 30 May and Tuesday 10 October 2017.
- Local Initiatives Fund grants 2015-2016
- Local Initiatives Fund grants 2014-2015
- Local Initiatives Fund grants 2013-2014
- Local Initiatives Fund grants 2012-2013