There are a number of organisations in the borough that can give you legal advice on a wide range of subjects.
Some of the main ones are:
You can get advice from simple information to complex casework and representation at a court or tribunal.
All organisations give advice by phone and online but you may have to make an appointment to see someone in person in certain cases.
If you are on a low income you should contact the Legal Aid Agency – they may be able to provide free advice and representation.
For legal advice on:
Benefits, tax credits, debt or employment
- Islington Advice Line – 030 0330 1197 or email@example.com
- Advisory Centre for Education : Advice and information for parents and careers.
- The Coram Children's Legal Centre : Legal advice
Goods and service
- Islington Trading Standards (faulty goods or scams)
- Islington Environmental Health (food safety)
- Saving energy at home (gas and electricity)
Housing and homelessness
- Housing Aid Team
- Shelter UK
- Stonewall Housing Advice
- Leaseholder Advisory Service
- Housing Ombudsman Service