Advice and support icon

Useful links

Useful websites and content for information and support on benefit changes.

General Information

Directgov is the UK government's digital service for people in England and Wales. It offers practical information about benefits including how to find out whether you’re eligible and how to claim.

The Department for Work and Pensions is responsible for welfare and pension policy.

Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs pay and administer Child Benefit, Child Trust Fund and Tax Credits


The council's legal advice page provides information about where Islington residents can go for free legal advice.

The council's money advice pages provide advice about debt, mortgages maximising your income and other support and advice.

Housing Advice

The council's housing advice pages provide information about where to go if you have a housing problem, or are worried you could be made homeless.

Homes for Islington, the Arms Length Management Organisation (ALMO) that manages Islington Council's rented and leasehold homes.

Other Advice websites


Arranges independent hearings for appeals on decisions made by the Department for Work and Pensions (including Jobcentre Plus, Child Support Agency and Disability and Carers Service), as well as other government departments (HM Revenue and Customs) and local authorities.

Employment Support

Lets you browse thousands of new jobs available every week.

Help and advice for Islington residents looking for work.

Was this information helpful?
  1. Please select

  2. Data protection: We will handle your personal information in line with the Data Protection Act 1998 and in accordance with the council’s Fair Processing Notice.