Underlying everything we do as an organisation will be delivering efficient and value for money services. The council must work to become as efficient as possible to enable us to continue to provide good quality services in the face of significant cuts to our funding.
- Increased the range of services available on our website: business rates, council tax, registrar appointments, school admissions, street environment services and housing repairs are now online
- 147,160 digital transactions were made in 2015/16 a 23% increase on the previous year.
- Set up a trading company – Islington Company (ICo) to generate income
- Generated additional income through selling our expertise, including £630,000 through our Legal team for training, conveyancing and legal support.
- Our Attack the Arrears campaign recovered £1.1 million Council Tax arrears (to end May 2016) that would otherwise have been written off as bad debt.
- Agreed a shared ICT service with Camden and Haringey which will result in an an improved service and achieve £2 million in savings per borough per year.
- Launched our Clean Islington app to enable residents to instantly report fly-tipping another street cleanliness issues: over 4,000 reports to date.