Islington HMO Licence Checker
- A self-contained flat:
It is a unit of accommodation containing all kitchen, WC and bathroom facilities for exclusive use by one household, entered through a single door.
The legal definition is a separate set of premises (whether or not on the same floor) –
- which forms part of a building;
- either the whole or part of which lies above or below some other part of the building; and
- in which all three basic amenities are available for the exclusive use of its occupants
- A bedsit:
- It is a room containing living and sleeping accommodation (it may also include kitchen facilities). The occupiers will usually share bathroom and WC facilities with other households.
- A household:
- It relates to any members of the same family, including spouses, aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, grandparents etc and partners living together as husband and wife (or in an equivalent relationship in the case of persons of the same sex).
It is defined as a person:
- who has a lease of a flat for a term exceeding 21 years
- who is the freeholder of the block of flats (including a person who has a share of the freehold if there are joint freeholders) or
- who is a member of the household of a person who is the owner
If you are unsure of any of the above please email email@example.com