Navigate Up
Sign In


Noise is the most common type of ASB reported. The council take noise problems seriously and is here to support you if you are bothered by noise.

Noise is mainly caused by noisy neighbours, parties, DIY, dogs barking, loud music from commercial properties, burglar and car alarms and noise from construction sites. If you feel comfortable the quickest way is often to contact the person responsible. If you don’t and it is impacting your quality of life then let the council know. Visit the reporting pages to see how to report it.

Reporting noise

If reporting noise disturbance to Islington Council, there are a few simple things you can do to help officers investigate:

  • Call us as soon as you can so officers can witness the noise, ideally from your property.
  • If the noise stops, let us know by calling the ASB reporting line.
  • Provide a contact phone number to allow the team to get in touch with you as it will help them to investigate and deal with the issue more effectively.

Officers will attend as quickly as they can during duty hours; this is usually within an hour, although this may be longer during busy times.

All complaints are investigated in accordance with the Regulators’ Compliance Code and Enforcement Concordat. There is also a Public Protection Enforcement policy which you can view in related documents below. 


 Related documents