Navigate Up
Sign In

Online payments

Our website will be unavailable on Sunday 5 October between 8am – 1pm, as we carry out work to our IT systems. Please make any payments such as council tax, parking or rent before 8am on Sunday 5 October or after 1pm on that day.

Making a payment

Payment Card Types imageIf you are in a public place, please make sure no one else can see you type in your credit or debit card detail.

With the Online Payments Service, you can pay your council bills with any of the following types of credit/debit cards: Visa, Mastercard, Switch or Solo.  

Direct debit

The cheap and easy option. Set up a Direct Debit online to pay your Council Tax and there's no need to remember to make payments. You will also be able to pay over 12 months rather than 10, with a choice of four payment dates.

To complete a direct debit form online, click: Online Direct Debit form for Council Tax

Pay your bills and fines online

Bills and fines you can pay online are listed here. Click on the item you wish to pay. You can make more than one payment by using our shopping cart.

You will need your reference number handy as you will be asked to type it in to make sure that payment goes to the right account. You can find this on your bill. A debit (not credit) card can be used for paying business rates.

Please note: the online payments system will be unavailable every Friday, 7-7.30am due to regular system maintenance.

Pay parking fines Further information on parking fines
Pay housing rent Further information on housing rent
Pay business rates Further information on business rates
Pay service charge payments Further information on service charge payments
Pay allotment payments Further information on allotments
Pay council tax benefit, Council Tax support or housing benefit overpayments
Further information on benefit overpayments
Pay street environment fixed penalty notice Further information on fixed penalty notices

Pay invoices with account numbers that start with SD

(these include Telecare Alarm, Commercial Rent, Building Control and Premises Licence fees)​

Pay council tax Further information on council tax